Follow the steps below to install and activate Office 365 or Office 2016 on your computer or other device.
1. First, check your computer or mobile device to make sure it meets system requirements for running Microsoft Office. Go to products.office.com/en-us/office-system-requirements. Then scroll down and click the plus sign to the left of each Officeproduct to see the computer requirements. Click Mobile devices near the top of the page to find mobile device requirements.
2. If your computer or device meets the requirements, go to setup.office.com.
3. Find your Product Key, a 25-character code, located on your receipt or on the back of the card inside your product packaging.
4. Enter the Product Key and click Next.
5. From there, you will be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account.
6. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you can follow our Do It Yourself article to create one.
7. Once you’re signed in to your account, you’ll be able to access and manage your Office products and subscriptions.
8. Select your Office product, click Installand follow any additional prompts to complete the installation.